The Town of Devon, New Brunswick, was incorporated in 1917 with the union of the two villages of St. Mary's Ferry (North Devon) and Gibson (South Devon). In July 1945 Devon amalgamated with the City of Fredericton. After amalgamation 'Devon' officially ceased to exist, except in the hearts and memories of its residents.
Until recently no official dumentation has been recorded of the history of Devon (1691-1945). At the request of Mary Hayes, daughter of Leo Hayes (namesake of Leo Hayes high School in Fredericton North), the compilation of the History of Devon was started by Carol Randall in 2004. Carol was joined in the project by Bob McNeil in 2006 and together they produced 4 volumes of Devon Remembered.
Click on Map above for areas covered in Volumes 1-2-3-4